We know that going to a church for the first time can be a little awkward, we want to make it a bit easier. So here are some things you need to know that might make things a bit more comfortable.
- Come as you are. You don't need to have it all together to come worship with us. Athena Baptist Church isn't a place for perfect people (there aren't any), but it is a place for people who want to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ, or even just learn about who he is at all!
- Come as you feel comfortable. If that's in flip-flops and shorts, Wranglers and boots, or a 3 piece suit then that's what you should wear.
- Ask for help. When you come to Athena Baptist Church you will be greeted by someone at the front door. They will be glad to help you get your kids where they need to go, find a restroom, or even point you to a cup of coffee.
- Giving is not required. We pass an offering plate for our members, but you shouldn't feel obligated to put something in the plate. Giving is between you and God so no one is watching to see if you put anything in the plate or not.
- Come ready to meet people. We are a friendly church, so whether we've known you for a while or are meeting you for the first time, we would love to see you, greet you, and get to know you better.